Rome features a multitude of public squares of all shapes and sizes, which form the social heart of local life in Rome. Here is our selection of the most beautiful public squares in Rome:
1. Piazza Navona - One of Rome's lovliest squares with street performers, artists, people sitting in outdoor cafes people-watching.
2. Campo de' Fiori - This is the heart of Rome's alfresco nightlife scene, filled with buzzing outdoor bars & cafes. It also plays host to a morning flower market.
3. Trevi Fountain - Throw a coin into this magnificent fountain & you will be assured of a return trip to Rome, or so the saying goes.
4. Piazza del Popolo - Created by architect Giuseppe Valadier in 1811, this magnificent square is a must-see in Rome's city center.
5. Piazza San Pietro - Don't miss this spectacular masterpiece by Bernini, spanning a width of 196m and playing host to Rome's major religious gatherings.